And some useful phrases you can use
Emergency treatment is covered by the basic Swiss health insurance and you can consult with any doctor or hospital directly in an emergency. In Switzerland there are emergency doctors’ services throughout the night and at weekends.
For urgent medical treatment, go to the ER (Notaufnahme / d’urgence / pronto soccorso) of the nearest hospital; most public hospitals have 24-hour ER departments. For an ambulance, call 144, free of charge from any public phone. They will only take the patient to the hospital (relatives or friends will have to make their own way).
SOME USEFUL PHRASES
- I need an ambulance! – Ich brauche einen Krankenwagen!
- I need a doctor – Ich brauche einen Arzt.
- Call an ambulance – Appelez une ambulance!
- I need a doctor –J’ai besoin d’un médecin.
- Call an ambulance – Chiamate un’ambulanza!
- I need a doctor – Mi serve un medico.
Hopefully this is an article you will never need but it is always good to have the emergency numbers on hand just in case. The team of Dreamchalet created a print out file with all the crucial numbers for you to keep in your chalet or mountain apartment for emergencies. Prevention and being prepared is the key to everything, so what are you waiting for? Contact us to get a copy
- General emergency calls: 112
- Fire service: 118
- Police: 117
- Ambulance: 114
- REGA (helicopter rescue service): 1414
- Vehicle breakdown service: 140
- Toxicological information centre: 044 251 51 51
- Radio emergency channel (in case of avalanche): 161.300 MHz